The Ground Hog HD99 is a Towable Hydraulic Earthdrill that is designed to be powerful, easy to use and require very little maintenance.
The HD99 is the most powerful earthdrill in the Ground Hog line. With it's 9hp Honda or Subaru engine, the HD99 can easily dig with any Ground Hog auger up to 18 inches in diameter. The use of hydraulics allows the HD99 to have variable auger speed and reverse which is very useful if the auger gets stuck.
The HD99 is designed to take the load off of the operator by being almost perfectly balanced with an 8-inch auger attached, and the right angle design eliminates torque to the operator. There are also 3 handlebar positions that allow for normal drilling, as well as close up drilling next to an obstacle such as a wall or fence. The drilling head also pivots from side to side for drilling on uneven terrain. Large highway rated tires make the HD99 easy to maneuver around the job site and there is a locking mechanism on the digging head t
Choice of 8in. or 12in. auger bit
Extension also availble
- Variable speed, Forward and Reverse auger rotation
- Three handlebar positions; two for normal drilling and one for close up drilling and towing
- Drilling head pivots from side to side for drilling on uneven terrain
- No torque to the operator
- Engine frame swivels to keep engine level for optimum performance
- Replaceable steel bushing at pivot points
- Auger locks up out of the way for easy maneuvering
- Durable powder coated finish
- Large 5.70×8 pneumatic highway rated tires for easy maneuvering and towing
- Towable. Includes tow bar with 2” hitch coupler
- 7/8” square auger drive fits all Ground Hog augers up to 18"
- 9hp (6.75kw) Honda or Subaru engine
- 275 ft. lbs. of torque and 140 rpm approx. max. auger speed
- 6 gpm pump
- High pressure hydraulic swivels for free digging head movement and longer hose life